Thursday, February 26, 2009

Vivitar Digital Camera--Binoculars

The binoculars actually work quite well. But the camera leaves a lot to be desired. In fact, the camera doesn't take a good picture. These two are examples:

The first is a photo taken while standing on my porch and aiming the binocs toward my side yard, maybe 60 feet away. I brought the clump of daffodils into focus with the binoculars, then shot the picture.



This photo is also taken from the porch, and I aimed the binocs and brought a sunlighted portion of the valley below into focus, then shot the picture.
















No wonder there are so many of these out there on the internet, like at Wal-Mart and Overstocks.com for around $25. Don't waste your money. Luckily, I paid just under $10 for mine, and will keep them for the binoculars. Problem with the binocs, tho', is that the eyepieces aren't large enough to go over my glasses, so for real birdwatching, I'll need to buy a better pair.

No comments: