Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Yellow Wildflowers

These little guys have been blooming all over the local hillsides, especially in the lower elevations. These sprouted up all over the parts of my yard that get the most rainwater runoff. Since whether a wildflower blooms in any given year depends mostly on the amount of rainfall, I guess this year just the right amount fell in my area for the tiny yellow variety. Of course, they are bigger in the lower elevations....that's how wildflowers are; the higher up they grow, the shorter they are. These are so pretty every day when the sun comes up and warms their little faces, I don't have the heart to hoe them down. I'll wait till they fade, and probably reseed themselves for a future year, before I take the hoe to them.

 



 



 



Posted by Picasa

No comments: