Sunday, March 29, 2009

Started Spraying Herbicide Today

Turned out to be a windy day and then clouds covered most of the valley, keeping temps in the low to mid 60's. I put two full-to-capacity sprayer loads on the tallest of the weeds. Four hours later, this is what the areas looked like . . . not any progress that I could see. I added two tablespoons of white vinegar to the herbicide mix. Hmmmm . . . we'll see if there's any advantage to doing this. The brown area in this photo is from spraying I did a few days ago with Roundup.






















When the sprayer is full, it's a pretty heavy load for me to carry around, so I kept it on the ground and moved it a few feet at a time. I had the unit on a wide misting spray and I'll see how this does. All prior spraying was done using a stream somewhere midway between misting and single stream, which worked really well.

No comments: